Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Scan Results, kind of confusing

Would you expect anything less than confusing for me?

I waited and waited for the doctor's call. It never came. Suddenly it occurred to me that maybe they called my home phone! So I called home and played back all the messages, unfortunately there were two weeks of phone messages which had not been deleted so I had to listen to all of them FIRST... it took 12 minutes.

Last call was from the doctor who is filling in for my Radiation Oncologist this week. He indicated that my "case is not as straight-forward" as most... The radiologist that read the pictures indicated that there was some uptake in the thyroid bed which was to be expected. Also there was some uptake in the nose(?) but he may have said nodes (it is hard to understand when listening to the messages via my cellphone) - he said that radiologist was not sure whether or not this was 'significant'. He said "things look about as well as can be expected" (what the heck does that mean?)

He didn't mention any other areas of involvement and said "all and all things look great."

He said I can call the office tomorrow, he won't be in but I can talk to one of the other doctors. Basically that means that I can call back, leave a message and wait all day for someone to call me again.

I almost wish I hadn't heard the phone message. All it has done was given me more questions.

At least he didn't say that they want me to come in to discuss it - that would have meant bad news (in my opinion)

No comments: