Saturday, December 11, 2004

HOME AGAIN

Hallelujah! Leila and I are home again! I am so thankful to all of my family - everyone pitched in and helped us out so much.

I was well taken care of by my Dad, he kept me company when I was feeling sick and depressed.

Leila was well loved and cared for during the nearly three weeks I had to stay a safe distance from her. It was one of the hardest things I have had to do in my adult life, to be near my baby but not hold her, feed her or kiss her. It was a joyful reunion when I finally felt safe to care for her full-time again.

Leila has grown so much in the 5 weeks we were away from home. She is chubby! She coos and tries to talk all the time and responds to every expression we make with smiles. She took the moving around from Mom's, Sarah's and Grandma's homes like a champ - like it was just another day and a new "mommy". I am so proud of her.

Now that I am home I sure miss my family. There are so many people and things going on - I had forgotten what it was like to be in action all the time. Here in northern California it is such a slow-paced lifestyle.

Dad, Mom, Sarah, Parker, Andy, Stephy - I miss you already.

Love you.

No comments: