Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Radioactive Iodine today

Okay last night when signing off I had a brain-fade. Of course today I received the radioactive iodine. Again this came in the trademark lead container, the pill never touching the hands of the Nuclear technologist or mine. "just swallow it down with this glass of water..." *GULP*

they told me even though it's a small dose it was a good idea not to hold my daughter close - the dose is dangerous to her thyroid. Yeah right, try doing that when you are with her alone all day. Rick and I decided to be cautious so he is staying home with her for two days and I am staying at Shalita's.

It's hard but at least I know she is okay and I am not doing any harm to her.

I still feel nauseated and blah.... but ginger ale and the distraction of a good novel "The Archivist" plus AWESOME Thai Curry Chicken for lunch - ohboy was that a treat!

No comments: