Friday, September 16, 2005

Whole Body Scan

Okay I had to be at the hospital before 8AM (no coffee, ugh). First I went to the lab to talk to a person with - well - NO personality. She was as friendly as a cardboard box and proceeded to tell me there was no phlebotomist there to take my blood for the lab tests prior to my procedure.
That figures.

Things just don't happen normally for me. I am used to it now. It's a cosmic joke and I have decided to just laugh along with the process, it keeps me from going crazy or postal.

I get kind of funny when I am nervous about things and I was cracking some pretty good jokes and one-liners, just ask my friend Connie who accompanied me. So I told miss no-personality I needed to use her desk phone to call Nuc Med to let them know why I would be late to my appt.. since there was no phlebotomist. She accomodated me. I called them and the lady from that department came down to talk to them. I gave blood. done deal.

Then off to Nuc Med. They gave me another injection of something called Technetium-99 href="http://www.epa.gov/radiation/radionuclides/technetium.htm">http://www.epa.gov/radiation/radionuclides/technetium.htm"> which is used as a tracer for the diagnostic scan.

I was out in about 30 minutes. The scan was unbelievably easy and fast. I drilled the tech with questions, he was cooperative but seemed kind of surprised. I guess most of their patients don't ask questions! Welcome to my world, people.

I haven't slept too well this week and have tried to absorb my free time with that good book and some magazine reading. TV just stinks.

Home to Leila today and Rick went back to work. They said I am safe to be around her now. Cool.

No comments: